Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Journey with others

I was speaking on Sunday Night about our Journey with others, how the way we relate has an effect not only on those we are journeying with, but is also a good gauge of our own journey.

People were invited to light candles as a response for each person they wanted to be disturbed to connect with of for God's guidance in their journey with others.
It was also a good night to send off Amy and Lee-Anne with some messages of friendship and love from those here at Opawa.

It was also a highlight for me also as my Mother and Her partner Graeme came, my Aunt Elaine came and also my brother and his girlfriend Becs also cane for the service. It was a strange experience to be able to preach to my family, none of which I would say would be Church going people although my Mother is a part of the Masonic Lodge here in Christchurch.

It was a special birthday present.

2 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

Would be strange indeed to preach to your family, an experience which Steve also goes through.

The Masonic Lodge is definately not a Christian organisation either!

http://www.cults.co.nz/fl.php#F

11:19 am  
Blogger Jason said...

I actually didn't find it that different preaching to un and non-churched family then I would normally.

While the Masonic Lodge may not be seen as compatable with orthodox Christianity, after some reaserch on the Lodge while at Bible College, there seems to be much more common ground between the Lodge and Christianity then there is differences.

The Web site you referred to also has some truth to it, but whoever wrote it does not have all the answers either. The "Ancient and accepted Yorkshire Rite" is the "Male-craft" while the "Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite" has allowed women to be a part of the orginisation since 1896. Truth and lies are found in some of the most unlikely places...

12:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home