Thursday, October 13, 2005

Home owner?

I'm going into negotiations tomorrow to explore the possibility of owning my own home. I'm not sure of the expectations, the finances, the red tape or anything like that. I'm just going to sit around the table and explore the possibilities.

Two weeks ago my mum's partner's (Graeme) father passed away. Graeme's mum is in care and Graeme is overseeing the estate in her place. Yesterday I was helping Mum and Graeme tidy up their property for it to be sold.

It was an uneasy feeling, there was a rubbish skip and there was a lot of rubbish to be removed. However every time I threw something in the skip I couldn't get away from the thoughts that I was throwing away some of Graeme's memories of his parents. It was an awkward time and I wish I didn't have to be there, but it was something which couldn't be avoided.

I watched as Graeme sorted through old tools in the garage, clothes and old photo's in the sleepout wondering what memories these held for him. I felt sad that a major part of his life was closing. What's worse, Mum and Graeme kept asking if there were things I wanted, things they will need to eventually need to get rid of when the house is sold. Admittedly there were things which I could have made use of, but I didn't want to just load up the car with all of Graeme's parent's stuff, it would have felt weird.

I dropped Graeme off at his place so he could go and see his mum in the home and we talked about Property investments and what would be a good price to put the house on the market for.

After dropping Graeme off, as I was driving home, The thought occurred to me, they want to sell the home, I'm looking to buy a home in the near future, is there something we could arrange along the lines of me buying the place?

I called Graeme and shared my musing and tomorrow we sit to talk details...

Not sure what will happen...

Not sure it's possible...

1 Comments:

Blogger amy said...

Sorry it didn't work out Jas. Don't worry... the right one will come along!

9:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home