Thursday, October 27, 2005

Diamonds eh?

When My flatmate came home and excitedly told me there were some exceptional specials at Michael Hill Jeweller and that in order to get the good deals you would have to camp out overnight to assure yourself of the bargains, I thought he was a little over the top and I assured him that camping out, outside a Jeweller overnight would be the last thing in the world I'd be caught doing, not in a million years!

However, after I went for a Jog through Cashel Mall (because I was going that way anyway!) I found myself starring face to face with a $1100 Diamond ring. I ran home, packed a sleeping bag and some clothes into a bag and within 20 minutes, I was sitting outside the Cashes Mall Shop, eagerly awaiting the sale which would begin in approx. 16 hours time.


By 10.30pm, I was joined by four other treasure hunters pictured below, (From left: Allie, Shannon, Lindsey, Jen and Myself. We huckled down for a long night ahead. The night was filled with all sorts of exciting moments, free food, cricket, police, security guards, irate shop managers and at least one well-wisher who gave Shannon $10 and told him to look after the rest of us because he was under the impression we were living on the street despite all the Cell phones, CD players, pizza boxes and expensive sleeping bags! Top bunch of fella's and fellesses, some great stories.


By 7am, 5 more joined the queue and as the sun came up the excitement began to build towards the special deals which awaited us.

The first person in the queue got in first and secured the most prized deal of the $1100 ring for $1 and you guessed it, that was Me!!! (I still feel a little disappointed towards the others who didn't quite get as good a deal, but they still got some amazing bargains.

I don't know what to do with the ring yet, there's no one special to give it to, I have a few bills to pay off, I'll have a think about it over the next couple of weeks when the valuation papers come in from Michael Hill's

Not a bad cluster of rocks eh!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice one jas, now you just have to find someone to give it to... Good luck with that =)

8:52 pm  
Blogger ElizabethB said...

Ummmm, Jas, I've got time to do that body wax now if you want it. Honetly, no problem at all.

Dont know if it is related but the letters I have to write in to publish this are 'aagny' ~ for thee or me?

7:36 pm  
Blogger godsgirl said...

Amazing deal man. I say either pay the bills off or keep it for dat lady you just may meet one day.

7:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home