Sunday, January 27, 2008

Who am I?


I never realized the importance of knowing who I am and where I came from as much as I did today.

Today I met 6 people for the first time in 16 years who are probably the closest thing I have to understanding who I am as a person.

When I left High School in 91' I walked away from one of the biggest parts of my life and without realizing it, I walked away from something which has been haunting me for the last 10-15 years.

I cannot explain the emotions I am experiencing meeting up with these 6 classmates from my Highschool after all this time. Seeing their faces, hearing their stories, listening to, and remembering the memories, reliving the laughs and heartaches has really done a job on me.

It started with seeing them on Facebook about 4 months ago and I'm still trying to process what I'm feeling.

Sometimes i have been having this feeling that I never really "Left" school in that I'm still grieving the loss. I have been having this re-occuring dream for the last 10 years where I am back at school finishing my classes and yet scared about the year ahead, scared of the commitment, Scared that I'm going to miss a whole year of my life while I finish school and scared that my friends and life will be long gone when i finish and I will be left behind.

I'm a bit frightened about what has been brought up by this experience and I'm not too sure how to process it???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home