Saturday, December 29, 2007

Flatmates... Who would have them...

Stacy was supposed to move into the 3rd bedroom on Boxing Day. At 22 years old I was concerned she might be a little young and immature. I was right. She had to give 3 weeks notice at her old flat which I wasn't happy with but was willing to cover.

On Christmas Day I hadn't heard from her and so I Txt and call to confirm everything is OK.
No Answer.

On Boxing day, the day we had arranged for her to move in 3 weeks earlier, I Txt to get her to call me at home which she does. Apparently she needs to pay another week rent at her old place and wants to move in a week later. No notice, no courtesy call to ask if this is appropriate, nothing. And I said this is OK, but she starts paying rent from Boxing Day. Pretty reasonable I thought?

Apparently Not. Christmas was busy and expensive, Stacy was not happy with having to pay two lots of rent!

It wasn't enough that I have been covering the room out of my pocket for three weeks, but she wants me to cover it for another week. Without even calling or letting me know until I contacted her on Boxing Day!

What made it even more incredible was that when I put the proposal to her to start paying rent from the original day, she needed to "...go and ask her Mum..."

I didn't need this, not on Boxing Day when I was to be cooking a Christmas Dinner for my Mother and her partner Graeme.

Needles to say, I was VERY grumpy for the rest of the day. (Sorry Mum and Graeme.)

Is this typical for a 22 yearold?

Am I being unreasonable?

I have advertised in the Press today for another flatmate. Stacy hasn't called back yet. I don't expect her to. I guess it's better to find this out about her now then 3 months down the track...

I cannot go to Rakaia for New Years now. I have to hang around home while I look for a new flatmate.

Thanks Stacy,
happy New Year's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home