Monday, June 05, 2006

Calling All Computer Hackers...

I have a problem.

I have an avi. file which I recorded on Saturday night, it s raw video foodage and is about 12Gb. The problem is that for some reason it seems corrupted and I cannot open the file with any of the programmes I have avaliable. (RealPlayer, Windows Media, Quicktime, VLC Media, Adobe Premier, Media Jukebox)

Help.

This is an important file and record of Saturday night's service and it would mean so much to myself and not to mention Peter and Joyce Majendie if I could recover it.

If you can help, or know someone who could, please contact me through this post or by e-mailing bigjas @ xtra co nz

God Bless
Jas

5 Comments:

Blogger hg said...

wow, good work on trying out VLC, but usually if VLC can't play it, well, you don't have so much luck. seeing as there is NOTHING i've thrown at it that it hasn't played

try virtualdubmod, it's a small download, and it may work

10:40 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

emailled you

11:38 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

have you had any luck with the avi? I was reading about avi and filesize limitations. Older '95 software would have corrupted stuff longer than 2 gigs, but xp *shouldnt*.

Do you know what codec you used in the .avi?

9:14 am  
Blogger Jason said...

codec? Not too sure what the "codec" is, but i do run XP, and I have a 25Gb avi which opens as it should.

A friend Andrew is trying to insert a header from a similar file into it to try to crack it, but I'm not too sure how this is going.

9:23 am  
Blogger Andrew said...

Still investigating mate.

12:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home