Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Let's see that again!!

Sunday Morning for me was an eye opener. It was the First Sunday morning service which I have directly put together (with Amy's help, Thanks Amy!) and preached at. I guess I have developed a new appreciation for those who do this week in-week out as their full time Job (even though I'm not full time!) let alone those who don't even work in the church and preach on Sunday Mornings. (Thanks Annette and Karen!)

Some observations.

1. Preaching God's word is not something you can take lightly. When you do you join a great history of pulpit ministries, men and women of God who have stood up week in and week out to reveal God's kingdom to eager lives.
2. As much as this is a learning experience for me, at the end of the day it is not just about me. There are people listening who shape their lives upon what they are taught in church and when you preach you have a responsibility to ensure there is growth. Preachers are "transformation peddlers", their role is to encourage Transformation into the likeness of Christ, for me, this becomes a greater responsibility than what I can get out of it.
3. I get heaps out of it. I have grown in myself, my appreciation of what goes into communicating has grown and it helps me in the process as I look forward to repeating the whole process next week.

For the Glory of God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home