Friday, December 22, 2006

It's Church Jim, but not as we know it...

I visited a Church on Tuesday evening.


It was not the typical model of what church usually looks like. Some may not see it as a Church, but do. While I was there I experienced a wonderful feeling of community which seemed to welcome me as an outsider and made a concerted effort to make me feel part of the wider conversation.


We discussed different life topics which included the place of God in areas of society which are broken and vulnerable.


Finally I was reminded of how much they were interested in helping me as part of purchasing and renovating my new house, sourcing contractors and what “mates rates” could look like.

The sense of being interested in what happens in areas of life outside the four walls of the room. They had a genuine desire to help because of who they were rather than what I could offer them in return.


The church was called The Chum’s Club.


It’s a nice way to do church.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home