Thursday, August 31, 2006

Where are the George and Mary's?

Monday Night I Was honoured to share dinner with George and Mary. Mary Cooked a beautiful roast chicken and we had an amazing trifle for Dessert. Over the meal together and over coffee after tea, they began to share their story. They shared about their passion, a passion to love their brothers and sisters.

A passion to open their home and lives to visiting speakers, to visitors to the church, to Invest time into the younger people at church through such things like bible Studies and being involved In key leadership positions while maintaining a healthy family balance.

Are the George and Mary's being squeezed out of church life by over crowded lifestyles, by heavy work demands, by unrealistic church commitments?

I salute the George and Mary's I Know at Opawa Baptist. I thank God for you. And I try to make sure I don't just tickle your ears through sweet words, but display the ultimate complement in my Imitation of you.

We are looking at Mary and Elizabeth's as a church. How about the George and Mary's?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home