Sunday, April 02, 2006

To Hell and BACK IV

I did a lot of spade work before I went into surgery, and I managed to convince them to take my camera into surgery and get a couple of shots for me!!

Here I am being wheeled into the Anesthetists room.


I was out of it in no time, I don't remember much of proceedings after this point. There's a couple more "interesting" pictures after this, but I don't think I can show them here...

This is another picture of me, you may not be able to recognize me, but I have been assured, this is what the inside of my back looks like. I was there, but I don't remember too much about this part either... They're cutting bits out of me...

These are the bits they cut out... They let me keep them... I have them in a sample jar if anyone wants to see them...

They even had the machine that goes "PING..."

I think they've finished by this stage. It's a nice looking gash! Good photography! Once again, I don't remember too much of this bit.

The Anesthetists had a bit of fun on the job. They say a happy work environment is a productive work environment... Mum says hello back!


Here I am after the op. I don't look as cheerful, but I think I remember this bit.



Thank you to all of you who have supported me through this whole ordeal. Thank you for those who visited, called and dropped off food. Thanks Ken, Mum, Dad, Sherril, Nana, Paul, Anita. I'm sure there's more than a few who are glad I won't be wandering around the place bitching about my back!

Thank you to the staff at St Georges, Jo and the other nurses, the doctors, and Dr Bonkowski.

Thank you God for my life back

6 Comments:

Blogger godsgirl said...

Glad you are feeling better :)

1:10 pm  
Blogger ElizabethB said...

Love the off the shoulder number Jas! So good this is over now. Keep on improving!

3:42 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to see you're up and at 'em so soon. :)

P.S. Hooray for the machine that goes "PING!"

9:26 pm  
Blogger Rayd said...

Jason.... i expected you to have waxed before going into surgery. Frankly you disappoint me. On the postive side, good to see you're still alive. ;)

6:05 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jas you amaze me. i don't know many people who'd put such "detail" on their website.

it's great that they did not cut ouy your sense of humour.

grinning
steve
www.emergentkiwi.org.nz

2:13 pm  
Blogger Jason said...

maybe it's just the Exhibitionism in me, mind you, there were a few photo's i didn't put up there...

3:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home