Monday, April 10, 2006

Linda.

My Aunt in Australia is dying

I had a phone call from my mother 2 hours ago, who is at her bedside at the moment. She said Linda's breathing is getting weaker, it could be a matter of hours.

Some people pray for death with dignity. As I was reading "Walk On", the Spiritual journey of U2, it was suggested this invokes a sense of vanity, even pride. He suggest that death with humility seems more appropriate. Even a “Bronze Medal of Humility” (Sunday Morning’s service).

"God ???"

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

So sorry to hear this jas, will be thinking about you.

12:28 pm  
Blogger ElizabethB said...

It is a tough time for you Jas and I am so sorry for your Mum too.
Whether it is pride or humility may be academic at this stage, my prayer would be: may He lead her gently home.

2:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home