Thursday, August 04, 2005

New Car

I bought a new car on Sunday!! a nice wee 93' Fairmont. My old car had all but given up on me, i've had it for 8 years now and it's lasted me well, but the price was right (very cheep!) so i took the opportunity to "Upgrade." It's a great time to buy a 4L car, especially with the petrol at the price it is. Buy i think there's a but of a trade-off. on the one hand, i'm paying a bit more for petrol each week, but on the other hand, it's taking the guesswork out of whether my car will start each morning, and it certainly drives better then the old 626.

When i picked it up i had to visit my Dad to show him. He was impressed! I tossed him the keys and we went for a spin. Through the entire trip round the block, all he kept saying was "gee!" and finally as we were almost home, "I've always wanted a Ford!" (My Dad's a Ford man, i made the mistake of buying him a Holden t-shirt for Christmas, it didn't go down too well!) so my Dad's proud of me.

Being a big person, I feel a little more in my place driving a big car, not sure why that is, maybe it's the image thing? Not too sure about that, but i'm no longer embarrased to give someone a lift in my car now. Maybe there's a pride thing going on there also...

Blaa blaa blaa blaa...