Friday, July 08, 2005

Terror...

I feel quite sick with the news coming over the radio and internet with the attacks and death in London. Being half way round the world offers a sense of a 'safety barrier' from what is happening but I think somehow my detracted life is part of the global issue entwined within this conflict between the West and those who hold different ideals and ways of life.Maybe this comes in my own arrogance when I make the claim that my way of life is right while others who don't follow this lifestyle, or western ideals, are < right.

I have just finished reading about the Vietnam War where the US saw a threat to their national pride and to their ideals and took action in an un-just fashion to try to protect their interests. this was defined as "Evil" in that in their own pride they believed themselves to be absolutely right and they were too lazy to investigate whether they could in fact not be.

I don't know... i'm still shaken. what has happened in London is wrong, even evil. but does that automatically make 'My Side' right? Would going on the offensive before completely identifying, understanding and even seeking a peaceful outcome with those responsible for these acts be just as evil?

1 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

By Crikey
By Gum
To comment on this blog
I'm the first one.

3:39 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home