Friday, July 25, 2008

"Critique from Within"

I am looking forward to spending time listening to and experiencing the latest class I have enrolled in at BCNZ, Issues in Pentecostal/Charismatic Theology and Pastoral Practice, It will help me trace my roots and foundations back to my Pentecostal past and hopefully help me understand a little more of who I am.

I began my Christian walk at City New Life Church and found it difficult reconciling what I experienced at church and what I read in the Bible.

Joyce Meyer last week helped me see a little more of that world I had been born into. As I wrote last week on a friends blog, "I had been a little skeptical towards her coming here to speak..." But I now know from what I saw and experienced 'from the inside' that her ministry touches many lives in unique ways which can only come from God's spirit working through her.

So I think it is about taking the good and the bad, the amazing experiences of what it means to be part of the People of the Spirit and some of the more forgettable moments which kinda make you cringe and wonder if you really just heard that!

There is still a part of me which identifies with the Pentecostal/Charismatic tradition and misses it in my current situation. I am glad I heard Joyce Meyer, she has been a part of my Journey in rediscovering part of who I am and I am looking forward to hearing more from God over the next 4 months in class.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home