Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Gutted!!!

Saturday before last, while most of Christchurch was quietly sleeping, the underbelly of society was actively plotting evil!

My office was broken into. The thief threw a rock through the glass window, reached in and unlocked the window, reached through and took my Sony Vaio, the cradle for my PDA and my wireless mouse.

I had been working hard on my house all week, I had clocked up 55 hours on the house alone (plus Church and Nalco) and so to receive the call on Sunday that the computer and all the information on it (which very little was backed up, including over 14 Gb of pictures and 20 Gb of other information/resources/work-in-progress) was removed to be sold off for $20 to pay for someone's P addiction!

Insurance won't cover the loss of memories and work which was lost. I'll be lucky to get enough to replace the computer...

Still not sure if I'll go with a Mac or a PC though?

Probably leaning towards another Vaio, but the iMac looks quite smart...

If insurance comes through. Don't know too much about the insurance process. Not much of an administrator when it comes to insurance, however our church administrator seems to think I can handle the task so we'll see.

Gutted.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have faith brother, You've got the best insurance there is.

8:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home